Fist of Uther Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fist of Uther Forums

The forums for the World of Warcraft guild, Fist of Uther

+12
Uriiel
GorimTyr
nucia
Kiala
unhinged
Silentstride
Deathsknight
Khloe
wizzit
Bennett
Teya
Sazero
16 posters

Rp characters and the likes.

Sazero
    Sazero
    Honor Guard
    Honor Guard

Number of posts : 289
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

Rp characters and the likes. Empty Rp characters and the likes.

Post  Sazero Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:48 am

To the newcomers, write here if you want your character written or post your own.

The Rules:
    The person in question cannot come with suggestions to the character they are gonna roleplay.
    The character written here is the basic guide line and the character can grow.

Names need to be atleast a little original, and should in most circumstances fit with the race the character is.
    There can be exceptions. (I swear to god I will kick yo ass if you're naming the character "Ddeatharthás")

The rules are by no means absolute, and can be broken given a reasonable explanation.

The basic form to fill out is:

Person who is gonna play as that character:
    Name:
    Sex:
    Race:
    Class:

Personality:
    Background:

You can fill in the bare minimum or really flesh out the character. The more fleshed out the character is the more interesting it should be

Everyone gets atleast 1 veto.
    Example: If it's suggested that a character is going to be a Hunter, the person who is going play as that character have the right to veto that off, and the writers need to find another class.

If more than one character is written to a single person, that person is at liberty to choose what character he/she wants to play, but can only chose one and after a character have been chosen it can't be changed unless it fits with the role playing.

And now let's introduce the penalties.

Everytime your character acts out of character. 5g goes to the guild bank.
    The guild have rules, if they get violated a punishment according to the violation will be issued.

Line up:
    To make our cast a bit more diverse heres a list of what race and class we currently have.

People:

Sazero - Karryl Female Orc Warlock, type: nice, with a taste of vengeance.

Bennet - Jaedo Male Troll Warrior, type: with a special hatred of humans and "im better than thou" attitude.

Teya - Dragory Male Tauren Druid, type: nature loving nerd with social issues.
    Teya - Kimbuurd Male Blood Elf Mage type: social elf, with revenge plot.

Wizzit - Faeth Female Undead Warrior, type: serious in almost any situation, have identity issues.

Deathsknight - Cyath Female Undead Rogue, type: evil, greedy housewife need I say more?

Khloe - Angst Male Troll Mage, type: Parents kidnapped, mad mage powarz granted by a shiney gem.

Nucia - Neuxia Female Troll Rogue, type: Afraid of being alone and poor, she almost never have conflicts with friends.

Silentstride/Halgir - Riglah Male Orc Shaman, type: An orc unscarred by the war against the alliance; seeks an
    unknown future.
    Silentstride/Halgir - Jeddek Male Tauren Warrior, type: Sazero copy Stubborn and pridefull. Has peacefull druid brother. Wait... did you read LFG when you wrote the characters?

Uriiel - Uriiel Female Undead Warlock, type: Psycho undead bitch from hell.

Ursiel - Ursiel Female Undead Mage, type: Psyco undead bitch from hell part 2.

Unhinged - Aresh'Anamsu Female Blood Elf Hunter, type: Strict, stuck up elf that knows alot of Lore. Cold hearted.

GorimTyr - Kurik Male Blood Elf Paladin, type: Protagionist of a fighting anime Upcomming youth. Potentially good at black smithing.

So far I like what I see, and some really take effort into creating this. I'll join up with all pretty soon, since Blizzard just replied, so I estimate sometime next week maybe?

Last edited by Sazero on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:39 pm; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited title, so people know where to look.)
    Teya
    Teya
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 360
    Registration date : 2009-01-27

Rp characters and the likes. Empty Re: Rp characters and the likes.

Post  Teya Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:11 pm

I do quite like this. Even if it wasn't a guild offshoot but was like... a weekly/monthly event or something. Sounds good. I might try and write you one when it's not a little after 2am Razz
    Sazero
    Sazero
    Honor Guard
    Honor Guard

Post  Sazero Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:50 pm

Well it's still in the idea phase, I mean we could have like a RP day in the guild or something.

Now is your chance to not make me be a horrible arse to everyone who even bothers to lend their ears to me.

Everyone who wishes to participate should post here saying that they will
    Bennett
    Bennett
    Adept
    Adept

Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2009-08-12

Post  Bennett Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:54 am

id be up for this, im no actor or thespian but would sure as hell give it a good go Razz
    Sazero
    Sazero
    Honor Guard
    Honor Guard

Post  Sazero Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:18 pm

I'll get to it the first thing tomorow bennet, its a bit late now though Wink
    Teya
    Teya
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Teya Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:35 pm

For Sazero:

The basic form to fill out is:

Person who is gonna play as that character:
    Name: Karril
    Sex: Female
    Race: Orc
    Class: Warlock

Personality: A creative individual who takes pride in her achievements. She feels deeply for others and will help them in any cause that she deems to be just. She treats everyone as equal to her however, she does have a softspot for taurens. She enjoys learning and relishes the details in any task.

Background: Having grew up in Durotar on a boar farm just outside Razor Hill she left home to develop her inscription skills, leaving behind her parents and a younger brother. Her skills flourished and as she began to delve deeper into her studies she found herself becoming more and more drawn to the dark arts and soon began experimenting with ritual summonings and bolt casting. Two years past, and war broke out. Hearing of the trouble of her people, Karril returned home; where her own turmoil began. Walking up the dirt track to her home she knew something was wrong, then, came the smoke. Upon arrival she found everything had been destroyed. Bodies of the livestock lay scattered around the fields. Walls and fences had been torn down, flames had ravaged her home. As she approached the doorway, she could see the charred remains of her family, huddled together in a far corner of room. She knelt down, and picking up a handful of ash, she vowed that she would have vengeance, that her family would not die in vain. Putting the ash into a small pouch and tucking it into the breastpocket of her undershirt, she picked up her belong and began to walk. Until this day, she was last seen entering the gates of Orgrimmar with a burning determination in her eyes; she will end this.
    Sazero
    Sazero
    Honor Guard
    Honor Guard

Post  Sazero Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:18 am

Man that is just awesome.

Awesome and cruel (to me atleast). We really need to get this up and running asap. Very Happy

Person: Bennet
    Name:Jaedo
    Sex:Male
    Race:Troll
    Class:Warrior

Personality: Arrogant, thinks himself superior to all but his deared family. He does not have much empaphy for
    anyone but himself. Though he belives he is unmatched, he still trains his body and mind. As if he was fearing a loss of something, or someone. And he bears an innatural hatred to humans, each and everyone of them.

Background: He is the local troll chieftans son, shared the role of heir with a brother. They pretty much had everything they ever wanted on a silver plate. The brothers often sneaked out, adventuring in the wild of Durotar.
    Normally they would not have ventured so far, but they caught glimses of an old abandoned human barracks. So they sneaked closer, closer, and then a little more until they found themselves at the outer walls of the main barracks.
    They were just about to go through the entrance, when a human knight walked around the corner.

The brother stumpled into the knight and fell to the ground and the knight was quick to capture him. Panicked and afraid he fleed the appearently not abandoned barracks, but the humans had already been alerted to their presence and had a quick rogue was waiting around the mountains, right before the troll village and captured him.

The humans proved to be cruel captors, torturing the troll children for petty laughs until they got bored.
    Thats when one of the higher officers took the brother into a seperate room. He could hear his brother scream and then silence. The officer came back. Alone.

The rogue who had captured him earlier approached the officer. He couldn't make out what he said, but he was appearently extremely angry. No, not anger, it was more like hatred. He could see the disgust in the face of the rogue. In the next moment the rogue had drawed his daggers, drew blood on the officer and then disappeared from sight. Then everything went black.

He was later found right outside the troll village. Him and his corpse of a brother...
    Teya
    Teya
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Teya Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:53 am

Glad you like Smile

Somebody write me one now? I would really like to be a healer though...
    Bennett
    Bennett
    Adept
    Adept

Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2009-08-12

Post  Bennett Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:51 am

Sweet i get to be the cocky one Smile char's made n ready to go.

Person who is gonna play as that character: Teya
    Name:Dragory
    Race:Tauren
    Class:Druid

Personality: Dragory was bullied as a young tauren, this has built up both a tight shell around his mind making it hard for him to accept new poeple and also a desire to prove his old peers wrong! He has made it his life goal to become the greatest druid in kalimdor so he can walk back into thunder bluff with his head held high.

Background: He was a small child from a family of warriors, whilst his brothers (and sister) fought there way round Mulgore, Dragory stayed at home, reading texts and studying nature. This was seen as a sign of weakness by his siblings who began to torment and bully Dragory. He became an outcast within his own family, a runt as it were, he had a way with nature though that he couldnt comprehened nor control. It was as if he could talk to the animals, even become the animal even for a split second. He seeked guidance from the village elders who told him of secret spells and sprirts that could help him become a druid. The day he came of age he left to learn more about his gift and one day return home to prove his family wrong and become a hero of Thunder Bluff.

hope you like i was never all that good at english in school Smile
    wizzit
    Initiate
    Initiate

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2009-08-09

Post  wizzit Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:09 am

Oh Oh please write me one
    Sazero
    Sazero
    Honor Guard
    Honor Guard

Post  Sazero Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:42 am

Person who is gonna play as that character:Wizzit
    Name:Faeth
    Sex:Female
    Race:Undead
    Class:Warrior

Personality:
    She cares more than most undead about her allies welfare, and seems to have a natural
    charisma to those around her. When the situation calls for it, she will take charge or do what is necesary in a given situation. She seems proud, but is not afraid to ask for help. Though she had in the past suffered from memory loss, she is conflicted between knowing who she was and risk becoming a different person that she is now, and not knowing and feel something is missing. She enjoys studying military tactics and blacksmithing to better understand her tools of the trade. She is calm and calculating, but not manipulative and analyzes any situation she is in. She is thus extremely hard to catch off guard.

Background:
    She was killed the third war. Found by dwarven priests attempting to ressurect her dead body, but they were too late.
    The Scourge had already infected her body, however the attempt did have it's own effects. She didn't have the normal hatred for everything living unlike most Forsaken, yet she weren't quite human anymore either. However any detail about her former life was as if erased from her memory. Realising that she could no longer fit into human society she fled to Tirisfal Glades. But even there she felt out of place amongst the unliving. She sets out to discover who she really is, but quickly learns that the horde is unforgiving to those without strength. Thus she picks up a blade, to punish those who should ever chose to stand in her way, a shield to protect those that needs shielding from harm and heavy armor to defend against attacks that cannot be blocked parried or dogded.

Does this sound good? It seems to me like its missing, something. Lacking something horrible or something Very Happy
    Khloe
    Khloe
    Initiate
    Initiate

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2009-08-18

Post  Khloe Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:38 am

I'd love a character please, any type suits me Smile)
    Deathsknight
    Deathsknight
    Chaplin
    Chaplin

Number of posts : 108
    Registration date : 2009-06-17

Post  Deathsknight Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:25 am

Me > undead rogue would be awesomesauce Razz
    Never had one, never really used rogues too much other than for twinking, and undead are just cool and nasty...ok get working on it someone Razz
    Teya
    Teya
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Teya Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:31 am

Person who is gonna play as that character: Deathsknight

Name: Cyath
    Sex: Female
    Race: Undead
    Class: Rogue

Personality: A typical rogue, sneaky and underhand, will do only what is needed to reach her goals not caring who may be in the way. Ruled by greed, any action she takes is considered first with a 'whats in it for me?' attitude. She will do all that she can to better herself and seek out new rivalries.

Background: In her living years, Cyath was loving wife and mother, enjoying her work as head chef in The Slaughtered Lamb. She lost her husband in the conflict in Stratholme and gave up work in order to care for her children. Money was tight, she was forced into a life of petty crime as a means of survival. As the conflict's grasp took more lives she found herself having to travel further afield to ply her new found 'trade'. On one unfortune day, she decided to stop by an old farmstead she had once visited as a child, Felstone Field. Finding the farmhouse empty, she made her way upstairs to raid the rooms. She began to feel unwell. Falling to the floor, gulping for breath, her last thought was of her children, William and Donna, as her eyes closed.

In death, there is little left of the caring, loving woman there once was. Awakening from her slumber, feeling groggy and with an unsatiable hunger, Cyath searched for food. Moving downstairs to the living area the remains of what appeared to be a small child lay splayed on the floor. Her eyes glowed, this is what she had been searching for. Sitting by her find, she began to feast. Since that fateful day the only thing that ever offers her mouth an ounce of flavour and goes anywhere near stopping her hunger is the flesh of her once fellow humans. Many years have passed since that day, Cyath sought out others of her kind. She now resides in the Undercity Canals having turned her cooking skills to a new area, alchemy. She remembers little of her old live, but carries a strange feeling of connection with Stormwind, like she must return there, but can not begin to know, or understand why.
    Silentstride
    Silentstride
    Adept
    Adept

Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post  Silentstride Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:11 am

Ok , seems my last post was a bit too late, looks like things are well underway here

Regarding the name selection i found this site http://www.orcs.ca/orcsmain/resourcename.html might come in handy to get an idea or for those even lazier Smile http://wow.wolfdragon.net/2007/11/wow-name-generator/

My choice will be, if you guys are ok to have it written myself Razz

Person who is gonna play as that character: Halgir
    Name:Riglah (took me ages to create that name Very Happy )
    Race:Orc
    Class:Shaman

Personality:
    Usualy very nice and warm person and likes a good laugh, but there a days when he is best left in peace unless you want a storm calling in. He has a bit strange sense of humour, which only his closest friends understand (most of the time) and tends to be rather cynical. Also he seems a bit forgetful, so he tryes to keep notes , which he usualy forgets as soon as he writes them.

Background:
    Nothing of great importance happened in his life (yet). He was born in a faimly of coffinmakers and gravediggers taking care for Razor Hill cemetary for generations. His two older brothers already got well into the family business. Riglah didnt want to follow the same path but it still made him somewhat connected to spiritual world. The scent of flowers always filling most of his nostrils (not small nostrils mind you) and being surronded by death all the time lead Riglah to search for a way to cheat the Hooded lady. Which lead to creation of a famous (to Riglah anyway) Rig-O-Lah potion (bat wing, frog leg, cats whisker of the more mundane ingredients and a hanged orc last breath , fistfull of dirt from Demon Fall Canyon, water elemntal essence all boiled over a lava stream in Skull Rock Cave). Riglah was granted a vision (he was asleep for 2 nights so you might call it a dream) by drinking it on a full moon midwinter night on the hundred years old grave at Razor Hill cemetery which showed him a place with a cave , few tents and old troll hag all hidden from view by some mighty boulders which lead to Riglahs pilgrimage and possibly stuff for legends... Question
    wizzit
    Initiate
    Initiate

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2009-08-09

Post  wizzit Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:12 pm

Person who is gonna play as that character:Khloe
    Name:Angst
    Race:Troll
    Class:Mage

Personality: A bolchy troll, he likes things to go his way, he sees profit everywhere and is unlikely to give things away for free. Having been around gems all his life he has devoted a portion of his time to the study of jewels and their practices in modern day Jewellery. He is very slow to trust after being through such a traumatic life. He still visits the old lady every so often and she bestows on him some more of her knowledge of the magics. His life goals are to find the gem that gave him this power and hopefully use it to enact revenge on those that stole so much from him.
    Background: Angst was affected as a youngster by the kidnapping of his parents, He lived in a small hut off the coast of Durotar with them until they were kidnapped by the trolls of Zul Aman as they rampaged through the land pillaging and destroying all before returning to their city. An orphan for a while he learnt to survive by himself, he used the area around his island to dive for pearls and any other gems he might find to sell for money. It was on one of his many diving trips that he came across a rather large ruby, it shone from within with a power of it's own. Thinking it would sell for a nice price he grabbed the gem, the next thing he knew he was back in his hut on the bed, no recollection of how he got home he continued like every other day. Despite searching he never found the gem again but a few days later strange things started to happen. Sitting one night and counting his days taking he fell backwards on his chair, as he landed a large flame shot from his hand and destroyed the bed, shocked he ran from the hut thinking the trolls of Zul Aman had returned. He sought refuge in the city of Ogrimarr where he was taken in by an old lady, it was a few days later when he accidentally froze a vase of flowers that the old lady realised she had not taken in any ordinary refuge. The lady revealed that she was an adept at various schools of magic and offered to train the boy in the ways of the mage.
    Many years later as a teen Angst set out in search of the trolls of Zul Aman after learning from a traveller that his parents were still alive and had been brain washed by the “Gods” of Zul Aman.
    unhinged
    unhinged
    Adept
    Adept

Number of posts : 28
    Registration date : 2009-07-13

Rp characters and the likes. Empty re: Write each other a RP character

Post  unhinged Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:32 pm

Originally started writing this for Khloe, but see Wizz has beat me to it with a cracking character Smile

Person who is gonna play as that character: Khloe / up for grabs...

Name: Kimbuurd
    Sex: Male
    Race: Blood Elf
    Class: Mage

Background:

Born on the outskirts of the city of Silvermoon, prior to its destruction by Arthas. From an early age he was obsessed by tales of magic and lore - an interest fuelled by the stories his father, a scribe / historian in the city library, would sometimes tell him before bed. As a child, he would often play in the nearby woods pretending to be one of the great elven heroes from his father's tales, and this earned him the nickname "Kim'Buurd" meaning "little ancient", a name which has stuck...

His mother, a respected enchantress at the Academy who also practiced her craft in the city, would often travel to surrounding settlements to source materials for her craft and to ply her trade - and was quite often away for several days / weeks at a time. This gave young Kimbuurd a lot of time to himself since his father was, like many scholars, rather absent-minded and quite often completely oblivous to his surroundings when he was engrossed in his scrolls.

He has become quite self-sufficient / independent both physically and mentally as a result. The times when Kimbuurd was allowed to accompany his mother has given him an appetite for travel and to see the world. His second home became the Bazaar and trade district of the city, listening to merchants and traders talk of events in the wider world beyond the city walls. He was well-known there and struck up friendships with several of the merchants, initially because his mother was respected by the traders who often sought her advice on the value and nature of enchanted items, but increasingly because he was an intelligent young elf and a receptive listener - and had all the signs of developing his mother's keen eye for trinkets and the like.

When the attack came, there was little prior warning. The fighting swiftly became fierce, and chaos raged as the Scourge swelled into the city. His mother had been summoned to the Academy an hour earlier to lend her skills to the arcane defences, and the last he saw his father was as he left for the library to try to save some of the books and scrolls he had been studying - "Bar the door behind me and stay out of the way! I'll be back before you know it!"

The minutes ticked by and soon there were undead howling and the sounds of fighting in the street outside. Then mixed with the unbearable screams and frantic shouts of the desperate elves came the most awful sound of claws prying at the door...

It was too much for Kimbuurd - he wasn't a coward, but he had more sense than to open the front door to face whatever was out there - and with what? He silently cursed himself for not being a great mage or a warrior like the ones in his father's tales, and after a quick check that the coast was clear, climbed out the back room window and started to run, faster than he'd ever run before, heart pounding, still with the sound of those claws scraping in his ears...

Personality:

Melancholy - Saddened by the fall of Silvermoon and the loss / disappearance of his friends and family
    Angry - Reflecting on this, has a building anger at the alliance for not helping defend the city - humans especially, given Arthas' roots. This sentiment is common amongst the blood elves, and in this Kimbuurd is no exception.
    Motivated - the feeling of helplessness the day of the attack has turned into a strong desire to empower himself to become a powerful mage and eventually take revenge against Arthas and the Scourge

When not afflicted by the emotions above, Kimbuurd is a likeable and sociable young elf - with a love of learning - especially anything relating to magic or lore, about which he is obsessed.

Possible quirk - recurring nightmares / flashbacks ? (can occur at any time)
    Sazero
    Sazero
    Honor Guard
    Honor Guard

Post  Sazero Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:42 pm

We are really hitting this off at full speed.

Unfortunately Hal you can't play your own characters, but that dosnt mean it wont be used.
    You could trade your character out with the one unhinged wrote, and let unhinged play your character.
    Teya
    Teya
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Teya Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:08 pm

Hal's already started on his own. I cheated and said he could Razz Mainly because we've got people who arent forum members rolling their own and signing up.

I do find it interesting that both Wizz and Unhinged wrote a JC mage for Khloe though!
    Sazero
    Sazero
    Honor Guard
    Honor Guard

Post  Sazero Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:02 pm

Bah I had written a really twisted character, but appearently it didn't get posted and I dont really have the heart to rewrite her. Probaly for the better ;P
    Khloe
    Khloe
    Initiate
    Initiate

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2009-08-18

Rp characters and the likes. Empty Awesome Characters

Post  Khloe Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:44 pm

Nice one guys, thanks to you both for such amazing character roles, i rolled Angst as it was there first, however im sure the Belf Mage will also be snapped up fairly quickly. Looking forward to tonight.

Are there any more details on the website in order to register?
    Teya
    Teya
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Teya Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:47 am

Not yet, thats all Deathsknight area for now. Im sure more details will be posted when it happens Smile

Some of us have already started Khloe, it got too exciting for some so they started. I caught them out and then Hal, Deaths and I cheated and joined them a little. The event is just to try and get everyone together in the same place in order to gather enough signatures to start the guild.

When you do create a character, add mine to friends and then type /join BaneOfUther.
    Sazero
    Sazero
    Honor Guard
    Honor Guard

Post  Sazero Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:28 am

Btw do let us know if your character names have already been taken so we can get you a new one.
    And if you want to grab a character just say so or PM me.
    unhinged
    unhinged
    Adept
    Adept

Number of posts : 28
    Registration date : 2009-07-13

Rp characters and the likes. Empty re: Write each other a RP character

Post  unhinged Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:47 pm

Edit - to avoid confusion I've removed the detail from this post, since it will be superceded by Saz's char write up...

Person who is gonna play as that character:Unhinged

Character details - to be revised

Last edited by unhinged on Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    Sazero
    Sazero
    Honor Guard
    Honor Guard

Post  Sazero Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:40 pm

Points at the topic title. (point being, you're not supposed to write your own character)

And I really want to shoot your character down so that's what I intend to do.

Would you sign on a piece of paper if some stranger came up to you and asked you to do it?

If you were out recruiting for your guild, witch you are a part off. Would you then ask random people who you havn't even traded a single god damn sentence with, to join it?

And thirdly, its pretty god damn hard to miss a huge ass Tauren leave unnoticed. Why do you think there is no Tauren Rogues?

Fourthly, if I woke up with a pounding headache and couldn't seemingly remember anything. I'd probaly be worried about why I wouldn't remember anything.

I see that you're trying to make a "Blank" character in witch would be rather hard to act out of character. But it just seem really inconsistent, specially considering even people who suffers memory loss have personality traits.

Like "Ugh, where am I? Who am I!? What happened? What should I do? I... I am... Alone" *sits in the corner sobbing*
    or "I can't belive I can't remember who I am. When... If, I find who's responsible for this. There will be hell to pay"
    or even "I'm sitting in a dark room with a pain in the back of my head. Wait, who am I? ... Argh who cares? Survival comes first"

See? Different responds to the same situation.

Besides it just REEKS of a bad Tv show cliché, I mean you can barely call that RP at all!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:24 am