Fist of Uther Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fist of Uther Forums

The forums for the World of Warcraft guild, Fist of Uther

+7
Bennett
Khloe
Zealous
Silentstride
Deathsknight
Sazero
Teya
11 posters

Horde Guild

Teya
    Teya
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 360
    Registration date : 2009-01-27

Horde Guild Empty Horde Guild

Post  Teya Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:10 am

Hey guys,

There has been talks for awhile of making a horde off shoot of the guild and its time to give it some serious consideration.

The first question is, how many are interested?

Secondly, what server shall it be on? Keeping it on Stormrage would be easier as have a horde character there 60ish in level and could get some cash together. Do many others have characters on Stormrage orbe willing to make one?

Then, the name. I'd like to keep it along the same lines as 'Fist of Uther' in naming and would like to hear some ideas. Currently we have 'Toe of Arthas' and 'Knee of Thrall'.

Answers on a post card please.

If officers could promote this the forum and direct people to this thread ingame it would be muchly appreciated. Need to get as much feedback as possible.
    Sazero
    Sazero
    Honor Guard
    Honor Guard

Number of posts : 289
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

Horde Guild Empty Re: Horde Guild

Post  Sazero Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:47 am

Well if the alliance name is Fist of Uther, wouldnt it be appropriate to call it something like "Might of Hellscream"?

Since Grom is the horde version of Uther Wink

I'm interested though, I have a 32 orc warlock Wink.
    Deathsknight
    Deathsknight
    Chaplin
    Chaplin

Number of posts : 108
    Registration date : 2009-06-17

Post  Deathsknight Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:01 am

I dont have any room left on stormrage for more characters unfortunately...unless I delete bank toons, which atm I cant feasibly do.

Although as far as a name, using something of Thrall....<Testicles Of Thrall>....<Thumb Of Thrall>...

idk
    Silentstride
    Silentstride
    Adept
    Adept

Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post  Silentstride Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:48 am

Maybe we should go light RP on a RP (i have some characters on Steamwheedle if it would be easier start) server and call it Thrall's Hairy Back cheers
    Sazero
    Sazero
    Honor Guard
    Honor Guard

Post  Sazero Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:21 am

Well can you imagine me RP? I'm nice in real life and a twisted individual online, and thats on a normal server.

But we could make it a bit more fun and you write me a character that I'd have to play by, no exceptions.

I'm pretty sure I could roleplay a lesbian orc or something Very Happy. This is your chance to be a horrible person.

To whom is the question though Wink
    Zealous
    Guild Member
    Guild Member

Number of posts : 53
    Registration date : 2009-02-09

Post  Zealous Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:57 am

Cool idea. I have a level 80 Belf hunter if you need a hand.cant guarantee ill be on it much though, with me being GM of SWs and soon to be starting Ulduar
    Khloe
    Khloe
    Initiate
    Initiate

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2009-08-18

Post  Khloe Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:47 am

I'd definately be interested even though i'm still a newbie to the guild. i have some Horde chars, one of which i have transferred to Stormrage in case i feel like playing it. As for the name, well you obviously have loads of 'Bodypart' of suggestions, why not link it to this one and call it something like 'Bane of Uther'.

Just a suggestion!

FOU FTW Smile
    Bennett
    Bennett
    Adept
    Adept

Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2009-08-12

Post  Bennett Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

this does sound fun! i have dont have any horde so would have to start again, will be fun to play some new quests, started so many times on alliance Sad
    Teya
    Teya
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Teya Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:02 pm

Its nice to see everyone getting involved in this Smile
    unhinged
    unhinged
    Adept
    Adept

Number of posts : 28
    Registration date : 2009-07-13

Post  unhinged Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:45 pm

I think it's a good idea, but don't have any horde characters at the moment. Since you can't transfer gold / items between factions as far as i know, i'd be starting fresh anyway... Might be better on a different server though, for Deaths reason as well as the RP suggestion.

Getting back to the question, I'd happily make a new char - but not sure how much time i'd spend on it yet. Still got several alliance alts around lvl30 i'd like to level, plus i've not even cleared Naxx on my main yet(!) Lots of content still to see Smile

as for the name, I've no suggestions yet, but "testicles of thrall" and "bane of uther" do have a certain ring to them Razz Are Thrall's testicles the bane of Uther I find myself asking?

----

Going slightly cross-topic and away from the original questions here, but I like Hal's idea of an RP aspect as well as some of Saz's suggestions. Considering Teya's comment about a weekly / monthly event, a horde guild that could be linked like this would be my ideal - allowing my focus to remain with my existing chars and FoU while giving a good excuse to participate in the linked guild too Smile
    Sazero
    Sazero
    Honor Guard
    Honor Guard

Post  Sazero Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:55 pm

Now lets all just hope we don't all roleplay misunderstood angrogyneous teenagers with big fucking swords.
    Because I really don't want to experience that. Evil or Very Mad EVER Evil or Very Mad

Also I think "Testicles of Thrall" would break one of blizzard's rules.
    We could go for "Thrall's Bawl's" though, and hey it's catchy too!
    Deathsknight
    Deathsknight
    Chaplin
    Chaplin

Post  Deathsknight Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:52 am

I think a complete horde side reroll of sorts would be better than staying on Stormrage, everyone should have space for a toon on a different server where as Im probably not the only one without space on Stormrage ( although Im going to have to clear room to make my worgen come next expansion :s ).

Roll playing isnt one of my strong points tbh, but it could be fun to try and get into, horde side leveling is easier in so many ways than Alliance leveling from the time I have played over there.
    Just a question now of how many people we can get together for it and on which server.
    Even though Im not a fan of PVP, and I suck at it I think heading onto a RP PVP server could make the whole experience a little more interesting and lso lead to, in many ways a better RP type environment with regards to hating the opposing faction even more...Plus making macros and using them during a pvp encounter aswell as having to fight could be entertaining Razz

Making a weekly horde day or something could be a nice break from what is becoming a monotony on Alliance side for me of rep grinds and dailies/heroic grinds. One day break per week to go and persue something a little different would change things up nicely.
    Bennett
    Bennett
    Adept
    Adept

Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2009-08-12

Post  Bennett Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:53 am

ok this seems to be looking lyk its gona happen so we shud really start considering details, which server, first day to play them, all make new or find server where few have them already? Time to make choices people Smile
    Teya
    Teya
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Teya Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Right, we're going to all make new. And please, lets try and NOT make Deathknights as 'mains' there Wink I've picked Moonglade RP server. Mainly because I like the name. It's not a PVP server. I'm probably going to run the DK starting area on there a few times to get some basic funds for the guild before going in to this properly. I've set up a bank character there called Bawlbank if anyone wants to do the same.

Note: I haven't made an actual character there yet. Not to play properly. Just the bank and will make random DKs.
    Deathsknight
    Deathsknight
    Chaplin
    Chaplin

Post  Deathsknight Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:43 pm

Given how its not hard to make money in the game even from starting afresh we shouldnt have a bank as such right from the get go. I think part of the fun will be working as a guild towards getting everyone sorted both finacially and gear wise.
    Something like 40% of your money and or profession materials go to the guild, the rest is your own to do with as you please, once were all more established this can be altered, but would still be good to have a 'set amount that needs to be deposited each week/month...kind of a guild tax or something to keep the guild in a strong position and so we can eventually afford guild paid repairs.
    short term loans can be made for leveling professions in order to help the guild progress as one, something like an enchanter needs to be leveled to do guild enchants, I dont see a problem with using guild funds to get the odd skill point here or there in order to keep guildies gear as good as we can reasonably expect ( meaning low levels NOT getting fiery enchant, but something like +1 weapon damage...all enchants should be kept as level specific as much as possible).

oh boy im thinking way too in depth for my own good now lol..banks, loans....ok who is RPing the banker...and who gets to be the guild Lawyer? Razz
    Teya
    Teya
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Teya Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:22 pm

Just getting enough cash together to actually be able to start the guild and to be able to buy tabard for the first however many Smile
    Silentstride
    Silentstride
    Adept
    Adept

Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post  Silentstride Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:08 am

Sounds great to me to get a completely new start as horde then. Should we all roll just one race to start from the same place, Undeads seems to have all basic classes, or maybe trolls and orcs which share same starting area and have a bit wider range of classes to choose from
    Anyway i am up for it Smile

See you guys soon

Halgir
    Deathsknight
    Deathsknight
    Chaplin
    Chaplin

Post  Deathsknight Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:23 am

It seems like everyone is kind of random races, which also makes sense that adventurers of all different types would eventually come together rather than everyone being the same. Razz
    Deathsknight
    Deathsknight
    Chaplin
    Chaplin

Post  Deathsknight Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:31 pm

I have started/reserved a website for this horde guild. Teya and Hal are aware as are a couple others, I want to get everyones character profiles on there, which I will do early next week - so make sure theyre ALL posted on this forum in the appropriate thread ASAP please.

Also to be included on the hordie website will be guild rules, and they will be enforced as strictly as possible to ensure the whole RP aspect is kept in place (Im thinking along the lines of the Baneofuther channel currently set up to be used for OOC and Guild chat ALWAYS to be used for RP, this way people can always opt in or out of OOC chat - when needing to discuss other issues with guild members that cannot be conveyed with a simple whisper conversation, but must ALWAYS be in character in guild chat).

I also feel that in order to maintain an active RP people will have to register themselves with the hordie website before being accepted into the Horde guild. If they register and post their own character profile then they are also proving they do have access to the website and therefore should use it regularly as the great tools these websites are. Its up to each member to read and understand everyone elses background stories, this way we wont have to go repeating everything 100 gazillion times over. Fail to research = guild fines or something which may have to be determined.

DK's will NOT be accepted, atleast not in the immediate future until everyone has an established character. Everyone starting as the same class isnt going to work, also most people starting afresh at level 1 and a few people starting at level 55 just isnt quite going to make things run smoothly. You are obviously more than welcome to make DK's there, but they will not be part of this RP guild.
    Part of the fun of this is starting over in itself so having a higher level DK to farm gold for your low level character to splurge on twink type gear also isnt in keeping with the whole RP so this is discouraged also. Teya has openly made a DK to help with gold to set up the guild in the first instance as we dont have anything saved up there yet. Im sure her DK will not play any part in anything for quite sometime in the future other than this initial quick fix.

Some time early next week the basic website will be up and running (a few days after the 'grand opening' of the horde/moonglade guild) I will have copies of everyones character profiles ready to be posted, but I strongly encourage you all to post your own profiles in the correct thread after being accepted as a member of the website itself.
    Sazero
    Sazero
    Honor Guard
    Honor Guard

Post  Sazero Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:32 am

Also since im unsure, are we changing servers or are we still on stormrage?
    Teya
    Teya
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Teya Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:19 am

We're on Moonglade for the horde Smile
    Sazero
    Sazero
    Honor Guard
    Honor Guard

Post  Sazero Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:08 am

Ah i could have just read your earlier post, stupid me. Anyways yeah the idea is that everyone is different and the we see how all these different people affect each other and what kind of hijinks we can have.

We could to make things more interesting assign different people to different *missions* in the name of futhering the guilds goals. So that characters that would be unlikely to team up, would have to interact with each other.
    And maybe even write a small storyline that we are all a part off.

Then again thats just those crazy idea's I have sometimes Very Happy
    unhinged
    unhinged
    Adept
    Adept

Number of posts : 28
    Registration date : 2009-07-13

Horde Guild Empty re: Horde Guild

Post  unhinged Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:05 pm

Don't know if this is already in progress, but it would be quite neat if there was a bit of a background to the Guild - aims and the like, so could work it in with the character and have a valid RP reason for joining...
    Deathsknight
    Deathsknight
    Chaplin
    Chaplin

Post  Deathsknight Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:00 am

Bane Of Uther website can be found at the following address : http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=327466&TabID=2745171

Yes I know its a weird one, but I have figured out yet how to simplify it down to something like www.guildportal.com/bou....Im still working on it Razz
    Also the website itself doesnt contain too much as of right now as its waiting for all your input with profiles etc. I will get more going on there once i get some time to be able to. Feel free in the mean time to sign up there, remember to mention in a message somewhere FoU so I know who I am accepting Razz
    Kiala
    Kiala
    Adept
    Adept

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2009-08-30

Post  Kiala Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:05 am

if I am right you need to pay for the truncated address on gayportal (I really dont like thier sites).

I used them for my EQ2 guild Reckless Abandon before I set a new one up here: www.recklessabandon.org.uk

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:08 am