Fist of Uther Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fist of Uther Forums

The forums for the World of Warcraft guild, Fist of Uther

3 posters

Hi I'm Tinyril

Tinyril
    Tinyril
    Initiate
    Initiate

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2009-06-25

Hi I'm Tinyril Empty Hi I'm Tinyril

Post  Tinyril Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:09 am

And I'm not an alcoholic.

That said, I'm a 22 year old living in Sweden and I go by the name Andreas most of the time, I've also been known to be called Nadde, Wolf, Koda, Computerdude, fatman and a list of other more or less flattering nicknames. I'm currently unemployed and trying to get into Uni (or, you know, find a fricken job).
    I've been playing WoW now for a year and a half, started around mid TBC with Tinyril who's my first ever WoW character. I have over the past 8-9 months been playing a Bloodelf Paladin by the name Nevaria on the realm Dragonblight, cleared everything except Ulduar and EoE (armory her if you want proof), the raidleader in my previous guild started getting more and more hardcore and me and my girlfriend (Nyrith) didn't feel like we could keep up with the raidtimes and what was required. So we went back to Stormrage where I was already settled in and she had a few low to mid level characters as well.

If there's anything else anyone is wondering feel free to ask, I'm usually not one to engage in conversation in general but I do speak (or write in this case) if I'm talked (or written) too.

GL HF out there!
    Sazero
    Sazero
    Honor Guard
    Honor Guard

Number of posts : 289
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

Hi I'm Tinyril Empty Re: Hi I'm Tinyril

Post  Sazero Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:18 am

Hi I'm Sazero, you probaly know me from such events as "Flaming the Forum" "Bastard McAsshole" or "I Have Way To Much Lore In My Brain About Pokemon".

And now to tear your post apart piece by piece! Sounds fun right? desu nee?

First off, you name is fine. We don't really need the list of what you've been called through a lifetime, because I'm pretty sure most people don't care about that.

Your experience in raids is pretty much worthless in a casual guild that dosn't raid too much. (It does make my e-peen go down... Crying or Very sad )

And also you don't need to justify why you're in the guild, hell I wouldn't be able to justify it.

Welcome to the forums, Please be carefull of the Lava pits. Probaly gonna install some sky lazors next week.
    Tinyril
    Tinyril
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post  Tinyril Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:51 am

Ah Saz, your reputation preceeds you.

I can sortof understand why there aren't more people on the forums if everyone is greeted this way. Could be something to think twice about mate.

Oh and I absolutely hate when people use japanese phrases while talking perfect english, it makes you sound like a 4 year old.

Cheers!

Oh and I have lavaproof boots, and your sky lazers will be no match for my army of rabid squirrels.
    Teya
    Teya
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 360
    Registration date : 2009-01-27

Post  Teya Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:34 pm

Hey hey, welcome.

Ignore Saz, most people try to Wink

What are you looking to study in uni/what are of work are you looking into?
    Tinyril
    Tinyril
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post  Tinyril Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:54 pm

Thank you. =D

I've applied to 3 "programs"; Computerdesign and Programming, Webdesign and PC-Tech. They're abit different but all in all I want to try all 3. There's not really alot of jobs available here now and rather than sitting around I'd prefer to further educate myself.
    As for work I basicly look for something that will provide me with a steady income of money, not too picky really. xD
    Sazero
    Sazero
    Honor Guard
    Honor Guard

Post  Sazero Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:41 am

Well it's kinda my thing to greet people like that.

I mean I advertise myself as a bastard, so it would be expected, myess?

And I tried to come across as annoyingly cheerful. I do not use japanese phrases while speaking another language normally. Danish is another thing though. Hello med you, hvordan går it?

If I think I thank a thought, then what kind of thought would I be thinking?

In any case, anything that has "design" in it is basically just what type of fonts is best for the person that sits infront off the screen, and what colors you shouldn't combine when making a design. And anyone with half an intelligence score of a warrior can figure out that Teal and Yellow dosn't mix well. That and you learn how to use photoshop. I suppose you get to learn (X)HTML and CSS in the webdisign course.

I'd have no knowledge about PC-tech but I would imagine the hardware part of Computer knowledge witch can be quite usefull. And being able to program pays well I hear.

Exactly what kind of programming did you have in mind? Software development or Game development? Or something completely different?
    -----------------------
    Sure you have lavaproof boots but I'm pretty sure you'd still feel the heat.

I see I'll have to make sure they install a peanut butter moad too then, that should leave plenty of time for the sky lazors to finish the damn squirrels off...
    Tinyril
    Tinyril
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post  Tinyril Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:26 am

That was a typo my bad, Gamedesign and Programming is what it should say. It's a 3 year education while the other are 2 year educations.
    Sazero
    Sazero
    Honor Guard
    Honor Guard

Post  Sazero Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:17 am

Ah game design now thats is so totally not worthless.
    I mean with almost every game possibility, stereotype, and storyline having been explored.

You can't just lets say make an rpg, copy the ideas from Final Fantasy 6.
    A game that's about alot of characters, going against an empire that wishes to gain the power of magic,
    for their own varied reasons. And regularly fights a lunatic clown.

And make a game like Final Fantasy 7,
    thats about a group of people that fights against a corporation that wishes to gain the power of magic Mako energy,
    for their own varied reasons. They also chases after an lunatic swordsman.

Game design is about having an idea for what could be entertaining and then improve upon that.

Hell I find it to be equally usefull as my IT lessons about how to use word, and excel.

------------------------------------------
    Opposed to anything with design in it. Is not aimed at you personally Tiny.

On the other hand if it is game programming I'd totally love to get into a course like that myself after I'm done with my Web-Integrator "education". I would think it could ruin my gaming experience though

Also how the hell can you spend 2 years to learn about picking colors? I mean I learn that AND how to build a website in less time! Man educational systems are beyond logic

Really what seems to be the most useable education seems to be Gamedesign and Programming, then hope Blizzard will hire your ass asap. Very Happy
    Tinyril
    Tinyril
    Initiate
    Initiate

Post  Tinyril Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:55 am

Saz you are aware that everything around you that was made by humans was designed... right?
    In some way, shape or form along the process of creating said item there was some form of Designer choosing the items design.

Mind if I ask why anything with design in it get's you so riled up?
    Sazero
    Sazero
    Honor Guard
    Honor Guard

Post  Sazero Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:55 pm

Ofcourse, I'm aware of that. I don't mind the products but the "work" itself. That you can get payed to say "hey guess what? those curtains should have red spots on them." is just ludicrous to me.
    But maybe it's just because I don't see design as working. What design means to me is purely superficial. I'm more of a functunality first kinda of guy.

I don't want to wear a good looking shirt if it's uncomfortable.

Also I hated my own "Design" classes. I mean it was really boiled down to, learning about colors witch I learned in frigging first grade!
    Generally any important designing can be replaced by a good sense of logic.

"Why'd you make the chair with 4 legs? It looks better with 3."

"Because otherwise it would fall over..."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:24 pm