Fist of Uther Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fist of Uther Forums

The forums for the World of Warcraft guild, Fist of Uther

4 posters

Recount from Naxx 25

Deathsknight
    Deathsknight
    Chaplin
    Chaplin

Number of posts : 108
    Registration date : 2009-06-17

Recount from Naxx 25 Empty Recount from Naxx 25

Post  Deathsknight Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:01 am

I was going to upload a WWS from this, but my combat log still had info from a previous raid on my Mage and I wasnt going to sift through a note pad document that was 146MB searching for this Raids information.
    The raid in itself was not a particularly good example of what should be done. Multiple wipes on Thad, and then eventually calling it (which I would of done after the second wipe personally).
    This Data is meant to show that there is alot of work to be done by many of the people involved, including myself. For Naxx 25 ALL DPS should be able to achieve 2500 DPS. The few that were doing above or around 4k DPS are not enough to carry the rest of the raid through.
    Please, especially now with the emblems of Conquest from heroics, can we try to concentrate on gearing up appropriately and maybe re look at our talent trees and rotations to see if we are truly getting the most out of everything we have.

Healing wise things weren't too bad, there was still a huge amount of over healing done by all concerned, but it was less than I have previously seen, which means mana efficiency was better.

Tactically, well...Lets just say it was not a good night, so its respectfully requested that if you wish to raid and actually see content that you do a little research on encounters and what to do before setting foot into the instance. Now I know that all the reading in the world wont make up for actually seeing the encounter/s, but it will make a difference on wiping once or maybe twice compared to 5-6 times.

I thank Zealous for organising these raids (and also thank Liandria for trying to run guild Naxx10's).

Recount from Naxx 25 Dmgdpsnaxx.th

(And yes, I know and understand this is a casual guild, but a serious attitude is still required for raiding for things to be achieved...You/we can be casual AND still successful in end game content, we have to work a little harder is al Razz )
    Teya
    Teya
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 360
    Registration date : 2009-01-27

Recount from Naxx 25 Empty Re: Recount from Naxx 25

Post  Teya Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:29 am

Ohmigod. A certain someone there is still absolutely shocking. It's getting beyond a joke now.

Hmmm... raid ban until beter gear/knows how to play?

Or am I just tired and crabby? Laughing
    Deathsknight
    Deathsknight
    Chaplin
    Chaplin

Post  Deathsknight Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:25 am

Ill talk to you in game about it Teya.
    Oh and this SS was obviously after the run was called off, we killed the few trash pulls upto Thadd himself and then had multiple attempts on him, iirc everyone on the list was present at the start of each trash pull and boss attempt ( so there is no excuse such as, I wasnt there at the time lol ).
    Zealous
    Guild Member
    Guild Member

Number of posts : 53
    Registration date : 2009-02-09

Post  Zealous Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:58 am

I agree with most of the points apart from the DPS one.

My personal experience that in a 25 man raid 2k dps is plenty. for 10 man yeah you prob need a bit more, but some people were hitting below 1.2k which is poor for a level 80.

And tbh, considering it was a first time looking at Thadd for most of, TACTICALLY it wasnt too bad, at least 20 people were learning, but 5people i noticed were friendly-fire killing everyone and not being honest and speaking up.
    Deathsknight
    Deathsknight
    Chaplin
    Chaplin

Post  Deathsknight Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:17 am

The minimum DPS required to scrape through on Patchwerk 25 man is in the region of 2k DPS ( 36111 / number of DPS'ers ). At 2k DPS this means your cutting the enrage timer pretty fine, 2500 DPs would miss the enrage timer making it a useless ting to watch out for, also making Thaddius far far easier as one of the tanks can switch to DPS aswell. This is my opinion of course, and Im saying this as I think its better for us all to be aiming higher rather than juuuust scraping through. There were alot of under achievers in there last night IMO, and I was guilty on a couple attempts of running counter clockwise as its what my raiding guild ALWAYS does, instead of clockwise...I was also guilty of not making the jump to his platform a couple times untill it was too late as most people had already died lol. I suck at jumping and frogger...what can i say lol.
    As for a level 80 not hitting more than 1500, its just wrong. In TBC I saw people getting over that at level 70. People really need to shape up and look into why they're under achieving. I'll gladly try to help in anyway I can, even if its just standing there with them running recount to help them work on rotations for 30 mins ta a time or w/e
    Sazero
    Sazero
    Honor Guard
    Honor Guard

Number of posts : 289
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

Post  Sazero Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:07 am

I think we can all agree that, a certain someone(s) really should get a stern talking to regarding their performance if they wish to continue raiding. But thats not my call as I'm never a raid leader, I certainly wouldnt object to it though.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:02 pm