Fist of Uther Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fist of Uther Forums

The forums for the World of Warcraft guild, Fist of Uther

3 posters

lol tis r liek awsum riting's!

Sazero
    Sazero
    Honor Guard
    Honor Guard

Number of posts : 289
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

lol tis r liek awsum riting's! Empty lol tis r liek awsum riting's!

Post  Sazero Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:13 am

So yeah like the title might have hinted, this threat will be about what is commonly known as "leet-speak" or "1337-speak". I know what it is, I know how to write 1337-speak. So what I want to know is, Why? WHY for the love of whatever deity you worship if any, do you butcher english like this? You do not come across as a cool and awesome guy. You don't come out as a "1337" g4m0r h4xX0r! Hell it actually takes MORE time to write like this crap than, actual normal english that everyone can understand and respect. And yes I do look down upon it.

To me, whenever I hear "u" "r" and whatever the hell else, gets shortened down to a single letter or numbers, I get reminded of a retarded kid. I very strongly belive in freedom of speech, to the very end that I will accept people to say, I'm a fucking arsehole if it is their oppinion of me. So in that regard I can't just force our guildies to use existing dictionairy words. However I can and will from now on not respond to sentences that does not contain words that are not fully written. (typos aside)

Well atleast not treat them nice...

The people responsible for this threat, you know who you are.

Now. Let the flamings begin!
    Teya
    Teya
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 360
    Registration date : 2009-01-27

lol tis r liek awsum riting's! Empty Re: lol tis r liek awsum riting's!

Post  Teya Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:27 am

"When you says pls because its shorter than please, I say no because its shorter than yes."

Smile
    ticktalk
    Initiate
    Initiate

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2009-06-02

Post  ticktalk Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:47 pm

if i lol, do i not laugh?
    if i'm afk, am i not away?
    and if you correct me all the time, do i not tell you to (pardon my french) stfu?

though i agree most leet speak does take more time, as a non-native english writer it helps alot to shorten are you to r u.
    hope you'll forgive me for vandalizing your most lovely language.
    Sazero
    Sazero
    Honor Guard
    Honor Guard

Number of posts : 289
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

Post  Sazero Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:16 am

I'm not native english either but that dosn't mean I can't write it like its supposed to be. Besides "r" and "u" are 3 letter words... 3! Besides I wouldn't really consider words like "lol, rofl" and "afk" to be leet speak but more like MMO terms. I mean theres a major difference between
    "Yeah, so i have to go afk for a bit guys" and this "i r gone afk, lol!".

Atleast that's how I interpret it. I mean come on guys/girls we are supposed to be a mature guild, lets atleast try to communicate like it shall we?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 3:50 pm