Fist of Uther Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fist of Uther Forums

The forums for the World of Warcraft guild, Fist of Uther

2 posters

Tired of gaming WoW with a keyboard and mouse?

Sazero
    Sazero
    Honor Guard
    Honor Guard

Number of posts : 289
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

Tired of gaming WoW with a keyboard and mouse? Empty Tired of gaming WoW with a keyboard and mouse?

Post  Sazero Fri May 08, 2009 5:15 pm

So, I've been playing around with my PS2 Emulator since i couldnt get Kingdom Hearts to work with it due to keyboards not having analogs, i was about to give up when i remembered by Xbox 360 and that its controllers could be plugged into your pc, after a bit of fiddling around i got it to work like a charm.

So after a few hours of kingdom hearts a thought struck me. What if i could play WoW with my Xbox Controller?

so after a little bit of research i found out how to do it, and thought that i should share it with you all:

What You Will Need:

Hardware:
    a controller, I've only tested this with a Xbox 360 controller,

a PC (duh) again ive only tested this on Vista but i cant imagine that it shouldnt work on Xp, if you use a OS before Xp then you probaly also live under a rock.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Software:

You will need a program called Switchblade, ofcourse the bastards now want money for it, but fuck them we just use the free version witch you can get here: Clicky

Also get the driver for you Xbox controller. Sometimes the Controller will install it automatically, sometimes not. If it dosnt then go here Clicky
    ----------------------------------------------------

Now here is a step by step walkthrough, since this can appearently be a bit hightech stuff

1. Plug in your controller, if it installs it's drivers by it self then good, if not unplug it again.

2. Install the Xbox 360 Drivers

3. Now that you have installed the drivers, either manually or automatically, you will need to restart your computer.

4. With your pc rebooted, you install the Switchblade 3.0.2 program and let it run its course, it will probaly install some DirectX optional stuff too but thats intentional so dont worry.

5. Now that Switchblade have been installed, you need to run the Switchblade.exe to actually make use of your xbox controller, Note: It will say theres a newer version than 3.0.2, but dont install it since you have to actually pay for it.

6. Switchblade is highly configurable and you really need to mess around with it a bit to configure youre controller, witch is highly recommended.

7. After configuring your controller, run WoW while having Switchblade open, and voila if everything works you can play WoW with your Xbox controller. It sure is more fun now ;D
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets have a Controller tournament sometime soon.
    MattyDeez
    MattyDeez
    Adept
    Adept

Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2009-05-01

Tired of gaming WoW with a keyboard and mouse? Empty Re: Tired of gaming WoW with a keyboard and mouse?

Post  MattyDeez Sat May 09, 2009 10:13 am

Didn't know that was possible.

But, good to hear that it works!
    Sazero
    Sazero
    Honor Guard
    Honor Guard

Number of posts : 289
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

Tired of gaming WoW with a keyboard and mouse? Empty Re: Tired of gaming WoW with a keyboard and mouse?

Post  Sazero Sat May 09, 2009 1:34 pm

well it works for me anyways, also it works surprisingly well, should add a bit more fun to the old grind Wink takes a bit of getting used to though

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 3:09 pm