Fist of Uther Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fist of Uther Forums

The forums for the World of Warcraft guild, Fist of Uther

+2
Sazero
Deathsknight
6 posters

Question for leadership

Deathsknight
    Deathsknight
    Chaplin
    Chaplin

Number of posts : 108
    Registration date : 2009-06-17

Question for leadership Empty Question for leadership

Post  Deathsknight Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:29 am

This is a quick question Id like to throw out there for the leaders of FoU aswell as shad warrs and any other 'allianced' guilds, why dont we have a dedicated WoW channel for us all to communicate through? Its irritating enough trying to communicate on here when only a small selection of people use the forums, let alone not being able to fully communicate ingame itself.
    If we have a channel set up and everyone joins it then it would potentially make grouping up for leveling, 5mans, heroics and raids far easier than it currently is.

Anyhoo, something to think about.

Also in raids, having dedicated channels for tanks/healers could save alot of messages being missed. Just call channels something like "SWFoUhealers" or "SWFoUTanks" seeing we dont have vent or anything one more little thing to allow better communication could help overall in a raid environment.
    Sazero
    Sazero
    Honor Guard
    Honor Guard

Number of posts : 289
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

Question for leadership Empty Re: Question for leadership

Post  Sazero Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:37 am

I don't see why not!

Everyone join /Sazeroismygod...

Just kidding. Join /guildalliance.
    Teya
    Teya
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 360
    Registration date : 2009-01-27

Post  Teya Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:46 am

Yes, makes sense.

In true Star Trek fashion, "Number one, make it so."
    Teya
    Teya
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Teya Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:47 am

Oh,

And I would prefer FoUSW Wink
    Bennett
    Bennett
    Adept
    Adept

Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2009-08-12

Post  Bennett Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:20 am

does yone use teampseak or ventrilo anymore? i used to find voice chat was really useful wen i used to do ZG with my old guild. Also helps people get to no each other, its easier to picture someone from there voice than text Smile
    Deathsknight
    Deathsknight
    Chaplin
    Chaplin

Post  Deathsknight Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:46 am

Most raiding guilds still use Vent(rillo) - as far as I know - but as a more casual/social guild Im not sure who will shell out the cash to get a server Razz. As for Teamspeak, thats about as much use as pissing in the wind IMO. Really for the level were raiding at we dont need it though, Naxx isnt something that requires more than just typing tactics, provided people actually get off their lazy asses and reads up on tactics and strategies, wipe once while seeing exactly how what they've read works, then kill boss, move on.
    If people dont read up and dont listen then the raid will fail no matter what sort of VoIP is used.
    Also another problem we may have which is more evident is that people are either undergeared or under achieving, which is also a big reason that no amount of voice contact can fix lol.
    Teya
    Teya
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Teya Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:45 pm

Don't forget, WoW does have its own inbuilt voice chat for which you can create a channel just like a typed one. And when I've used it I've never had any problems when I've used it.
    Bennett
    Bennett
    Adept
    Adept

Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2009-08-12

Post  Bennett Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:10 pm

were you having a dig there deathsnght Razz lol we cud try the ingame channels i just find its more sociable way of playing.
    Sazero
    Sazero
    Honor Guard
    Honor Guard

Number of posts : 289
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

Post  Sazero Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:49 pm

Voice chat is for me as socially acceptable as kicking a retarded kid in the teeth. People will rarely if ever come across clear enough to even hint at what they were gonna say. It's also a hassle for me to recognise one immature teenagers voice from another, so I would have no idea who the fuck would be talking. Usually people have all kinds of background noise, like dogs, cats, fish, children with flame throwers or whatnot and whats worse is I can't even listen to Dragonforce while I play. Really, if I had a choice between you suckers and Dragonforce, I'd choose the latter.

Besides I'd just yell "MINUS 50 DKP!!!" everytime some Fucknut McDumtard talked and really, who would want that?
    Silentstride
    Silentstride
    Adept
    Adept

Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post  Silentstride Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:24 am

When i was playing my horde a year or so ago we used Skype a lot, its probably not the most suitable but it was decent enough for socializing (there never was more then 5 of us at a time).

Not that i am fan of voice comms, but sometimes they come rather handy id say.
    Brujah
    Initiate
    Initiate

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2009-08-26

Post  Brujah Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:59 am

I am actually a huge fan of voice com, but then again who the fuck am I Very Happy
    Brujah
    Initiate
    Initiate

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2009-08-26

Post  Brujah Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:00 am

Omg Teya, dont tell me you a treknerd lol
    Teya
    Teya
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Teya Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:22 am

<3 Jean Luc
    Deathsknight
    Deathsknight
    Chaplin
    Chaplin

Post  Deathsknight Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:59 am

HA! somethign you and the wife have in common then Teya. I got Beth several series ( full series ) on DVD, TNG, DS9 and 2 other ones..forget which now though. Her grandpa was a spitting image of Jean luc aswell, we have pictures of her when she was a baby sitting on what appears to be Jean Luc's lap Razz

Voice chat IMO is something that if we choose to be a little more raid orientated we really need to look deeper into as when moderated and used correctly is extremely useful - but this also means that other things will have to become compulsory such as threat meters, DBM etc etc and some people seem to have phobia's about add ons :s

The in game chat, when I have used it wasn't particularly good, neither was Teamspeak when I've used that, which is why I was negative about it earlier (Bennett, if this is where you referred to Razz), Vent IMO is the best one atm, but also costs to have a dedicated guild server and again Im not sure if everyone in the guild would contribute real hard earned RL money towards it - even though if EVERYONE in guild contributed it would probably be something along the lines of maybe 75p each or something ridiculously low like that for a years use ( i haven't looked into pricing so that may be way off, but im kind of sure it isn't a huge amount).

In the mean time I suggest the officers and a choice few others set up a guild in game chat channel and we can test it over the next couple weeks and then move on from there?

I also still think having dedicated cross guild channels in normal chat would be beneficial and will make one today Razz. Ill post on here the name of it once I have it set up, so please can people direct folks to it from both FoU and other Allianced guilds Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:13 pm