Fist of Uther Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fist of Uther Forums

The forums for the World of Warcraft guild, Fist of Uther

3 posters

Introduction/application

Deathsknight
    Deathsknight
    Chaplin
    Chaplin

Number of posts : 108
    Registration date : 2009-06-17

Introduction/application Empty Introduction/application

Post  Deathsknight Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:42 pm

Hey all!
    I have taken it upon myself to fill out an introduction that will also act as an application of sorts to become a member of the guild.
    This is probably not a normal thing to do, but makes me feel better about the whole thing Razz

I am applying with my DeathKnight (imaginatively named Deathsknight), who is currently my most played character (suppose you could say my current 'main'). He is level 79 and specced primarily Unholy, but I have been toying with a Blood tanking spec as secondary spec.

I have been playing WoW for...three years? Something like that anyway Razz . I started out playing on US Greymane where I had experience with Priest, Mage and Warrior classes upto T5 content. The guild I was in headed South at a rapid rate for no apparent reason, I left and remained guildless for a couple of months ( although now my toons there are mostly in a Guild called <Your Quest Log Is Full> which is part of a guild relations program set up by Blizzard). I decided to re-roll on EU Stormrage to play with some RL friends.
    I have seen upto and including T6 content in TBC, and now with WotLK have seen all of Naxx 10 and 25 as well as the first boss in Uld.
    I play most days, all be it odd times including several long AFK's due to having a 6 month old baby to look after during the day while my wife is at work.
    In RL my name is Paul, I am 32 years old and from Bristol, England although I live in The US. My play times can be odd depending on my work schedule but am generally able to be online from mid day ish sever time until around midnight most days.

What am I looking for in WoW right now...?
    Well I have raided on both sides of the pond and although it is great fun I want more from the game than just raiding, and given the afk's I have to take to look after the baby raiding just isnt viable unless the whole raid likes to have several 20-30 min breaks at the worst times for me to change and feed her Razz. So now Im looking at just leveling alts, gaining titles, achievements and gold ( farmed and earned by myself not from begging Razz ). I want a social guild who are capable of having a laugh, either at me or with me, who can if they choose, organize some kind of guild events, including silly in house games etc.

The fact that I have already seen several posts concerning Anime/Manga and Japan mentioned at least once in the forums is also a good thing Razz. My wife and I , mostly her, has a huge collection of Manga and Anime, she is looking at starting a J-rock band here to play conventions and comicons etc ( she used to sing professionally and wants to get back into it again Razz ) and maybe eventually head over to Japan to play something there..which would be a little odd, but they do love Americans over there 9 plus I would get to go to the Kodokan and train with the best Judoka in the world Very Happy )

Umm...Ive gone waaaay off topic there, which does tend to happen alot as well, so I apologize in advance for my ramblings.

Thank you for your reading this all the way to here, you deserve some kind of medal for making it this far Razz
    Introduction/application Dae4ff22133dae299216342dfc049310
    Sazero
    Sazero
    Honor Guard
    Honor Guard

Number of posts : 289
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

Introduction/application Empty Re: Introduction/application

Post  Sazero Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:23 pm

Dood! Youre pretty f-ing great. Specially like that you play Unholy and blood tank thats just great. And since you actually might get my references to anime, im sure my experience in wow will be frigging tripled. Raiding currently is non existant, and we are a casual social guild so your afk times wont really have any impact on the guild as a whole.

There are some worrying issues i DO have to press on...

I really have to get this off my chest.

Your name, What in the 9 hells were you thinking man? Did you lose a bet? What happened? Server error or something?

And you have a wife? Totally unacceptable too... we only accept single guys/girls!

So im afraid we wont be able to invite you.

QUIZ TIME!:
    Witch part of this Post am i lying about? Im sure you've read my other posts of hate so im pretty sure you can figure it out.

Hint: it's the lower part.
    Deathsknight
    Deathsknight
    Chaplin
    Chaplin

Post  Deathsknight Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:26 am

The name...well, I had wanted Deathknight initially many many months before WotLK went live, and someone had already had it stored, so I just threw the 'S' in there without thinking, when WotLK went live I used it without thinking, and leveled to around 68-70 before I knew what had happened by which time it was too late to change it and waste all that game play time ( I am thinking of paying to have a name change at some point though Razz ).
    I think the part of the post your lying about is the whole thing, really your a half human half alien hybrid who is here to do the devils work and attempt to confuse us simple 'oomuns with your wicked words and trickery :O

Well, time to go hide in the basement, its 0230 am here, a severe thunder storm watch has been issued and we've had 1 inch hail and 70mph winds...here's hoping the tornadoes dont start :S
    Sazero
    Sazero
    Honor Guard
    Honor Guard

Post  Sazero Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:57 am

It is a much known fact that i am in fact half devil, half human, full asshole. But i prefer to be like that instead of a goodytwoshoes, I mean it should be a bit more interesting no?

Also if im lying about lying, then im telling the truth and not really lying. Paradox!
    Teya
    Teya
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 360
    Registration date : 2009-01-27

Post  Teya Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:58 am

Oh Saz, he's got your number already Wink
    Deathsknight
    Deathsknight
    Chaplin
    Chaplin

Post  Deathsknight Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:03 am

"Also if im lying about lying, then im telling the truth and not really lying. Paradox!"

Yes, but to this I answer, Can I has cheezbrgrs? meoowwwww!
    Sazero
    Sazero
    Honor Guard
    Honor Guard

Post  Sazero Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:28 am

You can haz cheez burgerz, but not until i can haz my bukkit!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:04 am