Fist of Uther Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fist of Uther Forums

The forums for the World of Warcraft guild, Fist of Uther

4 posters

Interesting reading from patch notes

Deathsknight
    Deathsknight
    Chaplin
    Chaplin

Number of posts : 108
    Registration date : 2009-06-17

Interesting reading from patch notes Empty Interesting reading from patch notes

Post  Deathsknight Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:08 am

"As most of you probably already know, as of patch 3.2 players will be able to disable the ability to gain experience for a fee of 10 gold. This is a huge change to the game, and opens up a lot of opportunities for people."

I found this on a US forum, and seeing I have yet to thoroughly read through 3.2 patch notes I was unaware of this little touch. Should make some peoples grinding of old tier armour a little more interesting Razz
    Teya
    Teya
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 360
    Registration date : 2009-01-27

Interesting reading from patch notes Empty Re: Interesting reading from patch notes

Post  Teya Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:19 am

Ohmigod. There's going to be a whole world more twinks Shocked

Sidenote: Extended maintainence to Stormrage don't forget. Will be back online at around 15:00 gametime.
    Deathsknight
    Deathsknight
    Chaplin
    Chaplin

Interesting reading from patch notes Empty Re: Interesting reading from patch notes

Post  Deathsknight Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:00 pm

extended due to 3.2 perhaps? :O
    Sazero
    Sazero
    Honor Guard
    Honor Guard

Number of posts : 289
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

Post  Sazero Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:54 pm

Just fyi by enabling this option you can only fight against people with this option enabled too.

So if a twink has turned Xp gain off, he will enter bg's specially for twinks who have turned it off.

So its not gonna be gank fest galore if you go to bg at lvl 19 anymore.
    Teya
    Teya
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 360
    Registration date : 2009-01-27

Post  Teya Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:15 pm

Ah, awesome Smile
    Zealous
    Guild Member
    Guild Member

Number of posts : 53
    Registration date : 2009-02-09

Post  Zealous Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:06 pm

Teya wrote:Ohmigod. There's going to be a whole world more twinks Shocked

Sidenote: Extended maintainence to Stormrage don't forget. Will be back online at around 15:00 gametime.

Extended Maint is wednesday i thought, not tonight? And I dont think its 3.2, its still on PTRT, rought estimates for 3.2 are August I've been told. And if its a big patch, which it prob will be, u usually get a background downloader arounbd 2-3 weeks before the patch.

As for the exp hold, its a good idea, although i agree with Saz - yes, you heard correct - me thinks its aimed at people making twinks and want to keep them twinks, rather than for retro players to grind out old tier armour sets.
    Deathsknight
    Deathsknight
    Chaplin
    Chaplin

Post  Deathsknight Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:57 pm

Its going to help 'true' twinks, but im sure you'll see a whole bunch of QQ from the wanna be twinks out there who only live to think they're great and gank non twinked players (true twinks have the best, and only like to fight against the other best out there).
    It will also be a large part of many peoples games as there are alot of people who want to go back to the good old vanilla days. I have seen guilds recruiting people now ready for raiding Vanilla content at the appropriate level only, and no DK's are allowed.
    I think the extended maintenance is in order to get the server ready for 3.2. Then the background dld'er will kick in very soon I'm sure. Eyonix (spelling?) has already hinted at it coming soon to people in the US guild relations program that I know...my money would be on the last maintenance of the month...
    Zealous
    Guild Member
    Guild Member

Number of posts : 53
    Registration date : 2009-02-09

Post  Zealous Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:53 pm

Yeah, the "good old days" would be welcome. I've been on WoW from day one, first as horde as my first level 60 - a warrior - then to alliance with my paladin namesake as my first level 60 alliance char, with about 7 months to spare before T.B.C. was released, and I still remember the days when seeing an epic item really was rare and very very cool. Now epics are the new blues imo, but thats just my opinion ofc.

The old days will never truely be back because of instances like Naxx25, OS25 and VOA25, because the simply are too easy to PUG. Ulduar looked like it was gonna be a way to bring back the older style of raiding, but now its been nerfed to oblivion, in the old days if you complained about BWL or AQ40 being hard people just nodded and told you to get on with it. I can see why the new content is PUGable, because Blizz want to give everyone the same chances to get the same stuff as everyone else...enter the achievement system. It blow that all out the water, and instead of being a cool archive of the stuff you've done in WoW, its now some sort of pass system that alows you access to certain raiding groups if you have a certain level of ach status. Emalon being the first example of this being used. If the ach system never existed, then people wouldn't know either way if someone did or didnt have the ach they were after, and EVEN IF YOU DO have the ach, iv seen some people with it perform horribly in the raid and iv seen people without it outdo themselves - like our raids we do on Sundays.

And as for the Tier armour, before T.B.C. we had 2 tiers. Now by the end of September (just throwing a month in) we will have 9. So in the first 2 years of WoW's life we had 2 Tiers, and in the following years we managed to gain another 7...something isnt right, the game is moving too fast for my liking. Back in March/April whenever it was Ulduar was released we had upto tier 8, and within the space of 4 - 5 months we now jump another half tier to 9, TECHNICALLY rendering 8 obsolete to 9, as 8 did to its predecessor. And by christmas-time(ish) we will either have another filler expansion, or the chance to take on the Lich King himself.

This rant prob got off track from topic, but i felt i needed to get that out in light of the vanilla comment. I welcome the vanilla raiding guilds, and will prob consider putting one of my 60 alts into a vanilla guild to relive the experience...its just a shame that people have to go backwards to enjoy the game, when the new content should be doing that.

All this is my opinion, and not intended to annoy or infurriate anyone, so sorry if it did.
    Sazero
    Sazero
    Honor Guard
    Honor Guard

Number of posts : 289
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

Post  Sazero Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:07 am

Ahem.
    **WALL OF TEXT**
    The "good old days" were total crap, I sure as hell don't miss farming fire resistance gear for MC, and epics weren't that rare once your guild got down MC. The only reason you belive they were tough,
    is because of their massive amounts of HP. Witch took a while to get down and the longer an encounter the more likely you are to fuck up.

And lets not forget the totally fucking cool abilities, 2h dual wield fury warrior anyone? Witch is rather badass.

The fact that Warriors should only ever tank in a raid, any and all classes that could heal, should heal and only heal isn't that cool either ya know. Vanilla wow was very restricted in how you should play a raid. I like freedom more.

Lets not forget that you have to grind mats for pots for every single god damn raid. Ain't missing that either yo.

But it is true that theres alot of welfare epics out there. But WoW aren't fun to play unless you look and feel like a powerful hero slaying dragons and what not.

Theres also the HUGE amount of time you'd have to throw at WoW just to be able to raid. And I mean come on it's a god damn game, I would likely go "Fuck that epic, I'll go outside and buy myself an icecream!" if blizzard turned wow back to vanilla.

So from a Buisness point of view it makes sense to lower the standards, the good point is that now we don't have to be complete social rejects. The bad point is wow is easier, but if you wanted to play a hard game you could just try and do Dragonforce in Guitar Hero on Expert and try and get 100%.

So yes it is easier, but thats not necesarily a bad thing.
    **WALL OF TEXT** - END

TL;DR
    Stop bitching about how Vanilla WoW is the best, because it just isn't.

On a side note I dont find achievements to be fail, just that people put more than they should in achievements
    Fire can hurt people, that dosn't make it wrong. It's how its used that should be looked upon.

And according to Tier armor? we had 3 in vanilla wow, remember we had naxx in vanilla too, T3 dropped there
    TBC had 3 other tiers and wrath had 3 tiers. I don't really see the problem here.

This is ment to pretty much annoy the shit out of Vanilla WoW fanboys. Because I love it, when you love something obsolete.

I think that covers pretty much everything said.

"Did you really expect me to agree with you?" - Sazero

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content