Fist of Uther Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fist of Uther Forums

The forums for the World of Warcraft guild, Fist of Uther

3 posters

Saz got his acc back

Sazero
    Sazero
    Honor Guard
    Honor Guard

Number of posts : 289
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

Saz got his acc back Empty Saz got his acc back

Post  Sazero Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:10 pm

Heyo all, so I've gotten my account back but I've been really busy. I blame gnomes, Teya blames my procrastinational skills. I'm cleaning up my laptop as we speak, and so far ad-ware found a worm that is generally spread through removable disks, like portable harddisks or USB keys. So that means I'll have to talk to my brother who borrowed my USB key.

I also do not look forward to the damage done by the hacker.

*UPDATE* Alright so the worm is a real bitch being Win32wormKido, and basically blocks my access to the sites that can remove it easely so ill probaly use tomorow to fight it.

*Another Update* So I've done some reseach on the win32wormKido and that is one hell of a worm, you cannot in fact remove it, if you only have your infected computer to work with. It blocks anti-virus sites, Microsoft.com and disables auto update.

It infects through USB keys, and automatically if auto run is enabled. It also downloads other malware and keeps itself updated too. This would be a real pain in the ass if I didn't have alot of access to other computers. So I'll probaly be on after I kill it.
    Kiala
    Kiala
    Adept
    Adept

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2009-08-30

Saz got his acc back Empty Re: Saz got his acc back

Post  Kiala Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:03 am

if you can do a format and re-install of your system (yes I know wow is a bastard to re-install)
    Kiala
    Kiala
    Adept
    Adept

Post  Kiala Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:18 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conficker#Removal_and_detection

if you want to try any of them removal solutions let me know and if I can I will upload them to my server for you to download.
    Deathsknight
    Deathsknight
    Chaplin
    Chaplin

Number of posts : 108
    Registration date : 2009-06-17

Post  Deathsknight Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:49 am

heh, no sooner had i logged on today i tried to run a virus scan..and nothing..i tried to update the virus thingy, nothing, tried to install a microsoft update, nothing...seems I have picked this up also...from where I have no idea as I use this comp exclusively for WoW and wow related things and havent used a usb stick or anything similar for months and months.

If you could upload the mcrosoft malicious removal thingy aswell as an upto date Symantec/Norton virus definitions thingy that would be awesome,. as I really dont wanna have to re-install cos its such a pain in the ass to put everything back on again :s

TY Razz
    Sazero
    Sazero
    Honor Guard
    Honor Guard

Post  Sazero Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:00 am

it seems only Ad-Aware can find it, and to kill it off you need to get the software removal tool from a clean pc.

You also need to turn of system restore

Also you shouldnt have gotten it from the internet since microsoft put a patch out to prevent against it
    also when you clean it take out your net cable

The virus is also capable of going through servers, as a nest.
    Kiala
    Kiala
    Adept
    Adept

Post  Kiala Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:03 am

downloading the Norton AntiVirus for Windows 2000/XP/Vista virus definitions now to:

http://downloads.clanpages.co.uk/virus

if you need any more help let me know

the windows malware thing is there also.
    Deathsknight
    Deathsknight
    Chaplin
    Chaplin

Number of posts : 108
    Registration date : 2009-06-17

Post  Deathsknight Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:27 am

ok, WoW computer is under going a full system restore, this laptop remains unaffected by anything even though this is the intrawebz work horse...no external devices have been used on the other , im sure i would remember sticking something into a usb port Razz and i doubt a new set of speakers would be able to carry the virus as theyre the only things attched to the computer itself...its also realatively new ( only bought in February ) so to have to reinstall already is a real PITA. Well back top waiting on the reinstall to finish and then get to starting the patch down laod for wow which will take a lifetime again :'(
    Sazero
    Sazero
    Honor Guard
    Honor Guard

Post  Sazero Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:45 pm

I've already take care of it on my own

The worm places itself into the Windows folder and makes all users unable to delete any files in the windows folder (even admin) But basically get a clean computer download the removal softwave and then delete it.

Clear signs of it is unable to go to any antivirus site or not being able to go to microsoft.com

If you dont have access to a clean computer i can always mail the software to you just ask

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content