Fist of Uther Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fist of Uther Forums

The forums for the World of Warcraft guild, Fist of Uther

5 posters

The story of Unhingedooj

unhinged
    unhinged
    Adept
    Adept

Number of posts : 28
    Registration date : 2009-07-13

The story of Unhingedooj Empty The story of Unhingedooj

Post  unhinged Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:38 pm

Hi folks!

First a quick thank you to Nucia for inviting me to the guild, and to Teya and everyone else who has made me feel welcome. And perhaps especially to Sazero for not flaming me right away for turning up to Naxx10 with gear that shall perhaps best be described as "lacking"... Having subsequently read some of your posts, I must admit I'm pleasantly surprised / lucky / tempting fate Razz

This is my second visit to Azeroth, my first being around 4 years ago on one of the US Servers. At this point I should mention that I live in Scotland, but in my haste to sign up on worldofwarcraft.COM I didn't realise there were EU realms...

In this previous incarnation, Unhinged reached the dizzy heights of level 59 before finding that I could only get a hold of the EU expansions and that Blizzard in their infinite wisdom could not upgrade the account on said US Servers. I would have to stick at level 60 while my guildies went off to enjoy the Outlands, or start again from scratch in the EU.

After many words that shall not be repeated here, and a few tearful farewells, I kissed goodbye to the 18 months I spent levelling Unhinged and his fellow alts and buggered off to play Morrowind. Of course I didn't bear Blizzard any ill will at all, the bastards.

Anyways about 6 months ago a good friend persuaded me to create a new account. Have to say: it feels great to be back Very Happy

In addition to WoW, I enjoy a fairly wide variety of other games but my favs are mainly strategy / rpg... Also love reading Sci-Fi & Fantasy, which is just as well as my internet connection at home currently sucks! And yes I did used to play D&D...

Music prefs span Rock, Blues, Metal, Punk, Folk, and lots of shit that defies labelling

Work in I.T. doing a myriad of different things from hardware support to web design and lucky enough to be self-employed => flexible working hours => late night gaming Very Happy

That said, it's good to get away from the comp every now and then and head to some remote part of Scotland with a tent and just chill round the fire contemplating my navel for a few days...
    Teya
    Teya
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 360
    Registration date : 2009-01-27

The story of Unhingedooj Empty Re: The story of Unhingedooj

Post  Teya Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:33 am

Heya, welcome to the guild Smile

Where abouts in Scotland are you from? I spend a lot of time in Dundee as I have some very dear friends there.
    unhinged
    unhinged
    Adept
    Adept

Number of posts : 28
    Registration date : 2009-07-13

Post  unhinged Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:52 am

Thanks!

I've lived in Falkirk most of my life, though have spent quite a lot of time in Edinburgh as I went to Uni there...

About a year ago moved over to the Isle of Arran on the west coast. Loving it here apart from the dodgy internet Smile
    Silentstride
    Silentstride
    Adept
    Adept

Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post  Silentstride Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:41 am

Isnt Mel Gibson from Falkirk too? Smile
    Kiala
    Kiala
    Adept
    Adept

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2009-08-30

Post  Kiala Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:51 pm

unhinged wrote:
    Anyways about 6 months ago a good friend persuaded me to create a new account. Have to say: it feels great to be back Very Happy

That would be moi...

He looks like a dwarf in life aswell which is kinda funny.
    Sazero
    Sazero
    Honor Guard
    Honor Guard

Number of posts : 289
    Registration date : 2009-02-19

Post  Sazero Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Does he wear a skirt too? Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content